What is AuthMan?
AuthMan is authentication/password protection and membership management system written in PHP. It uses .htpasswd and .htaccess files to protect web directory. Installation is easy and programming knowledge does not required.
- AuthMan came back! New version will be available soon, Sep 07 2012
- AuthMan v1.1.1 Released, June 16 2012 new
- AuthMan v1.1.0 Released, August 11 2011
- AuthMan v1.0.11 Released, July 08 2010
- AuthMan v1.0.9 Released, March 17 2010
- AuthMan v1.0.8 Released, October 03 2009
- AuthMan v1.0.6 Released, August 11 2009
- AuthMan v1.0.2 Released, December 25 2008
- AuthMan v1.0.0 Released, February 15 2008
We want to thank all people who use, help and support our products.
- Easy to install and use
- Optionally, script can send an email notification to the administrator when a new user registers
- Allows users to modify their account details, remove their account, request a new password
- Admin Approval
- Multi-language support. Translated to 2 languages now (English and Russian)
- Ajax validators for usernames and emails
- View/list/search users tool (supports wildcard searching and individual field searching)
- Script update validator. You can check new available version from admin's area
- Account removal tool (individually or in bulk)
- Newsletter tool (individually or in bulk). Includes email templates and data import tags for more personalised messages
- Templatable System Emails
- Plain Text and HTML with inline HTML editor for emails
- Password generation tool
- Auto security files generation
- Direct access to view/edit .htaccess .htpasswd files
- Support predefined data for .htaccess .htpasswd files
- Security rebuild tools
- Easy customisation of fonts, colours and styles etc
- Free Support
If you wish to add any new features to AuthMan, please feel free to contact us.
- Unix / Windows / MacOS
- Apache web server
- PHP 4/5
- Go to protected directory:
- Extract it:
tar -xzf authman-1.1.1.tar.gz (for tar + gzip)
zip -x authman-1.1.1.zip (for zip)
- Login as "admin" with default password "admin" to change settings:
Edit authman/config/config.ini with your favourite text editor.
(Since 1.1.0 the config file distrubuted as config.ini.dist, you need to rename it to config.ini before run the application)
; Allow you to edit ".ht*" files by web-interface manualy ; Default: on manual_edit = offChange the language setting to russian if you want to use russian language for your interface. Current version supports just two languages: english and russian.
; Language for web-interface. Value is a filename ; from /authman/languages directory without extension. ; Default: "english" language = "russian"If you want to allow new user registration with signup form, you need to turn allowsignup setting on.
; Allow new user registration ; Default: off allowsignup = onChange autoapprove setting to on if you want to auto-approve new registrations.
(since version 1.1.0)
; Auto approve new user registration ; NOTE: turn allowsignup on if you want to use autoapprove option ; Default: off autoapprove = on
Question: I have some information in .htaccess and/or .htpasswd files in protected directory already. How can I use it in your script?
Answer: You can copy & past neccessary code to Prefered Files in Setting section of Admin area. After rebuilt in Rebuild section this code will be automaticaly placed to security files in protection directory.
Question: I forgot my admin's login and/or password. How to reset it?
Answer: To reset admin's login & password you have to delete authman/var/.htadmin file and you will be able to use admin's login and password defined in authman/config/config.ini file.
Question: I want to protect other one directory, How to do it?
Answer: This script allow to protect only one directory. If you want to protect another, you need to install and configure the script to new protected directory.